Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Haunted Gingerbread House


When I first decided to start The Holidaze, I went to Michael's Crafts Store to look for Halloween-themed goodies.  I really didn't know what I was going to write about, so I had to scour at first to come up with something.  Well, back in September, my Girlfriend and I saw this Haunted Gingerbread House and knew it would be perfect for The Holidaze.  So, over a month ago, we picked it up and saved it for Halloween night!


There were two variations of the Haunted Gingerbread House.  One was made by Wilton, and the other made by Duff, that guy from Ace of Cakes who's no longer relevant thanks to Cake Boss.  That's just how NJ does it.  But anyway, we went with the Wilton version simply because it looked cooler.  We had made Christmas Gingerbread Houses before, so we knew we could pull it off, but really, I'm just taking credit for somebody else's work.  In all honesty, all I usually do is hold things in place.


Thanks to my impressive stability, this Gingerbread house isn't going anywhere.  So my Girlfriend was able to start icing the roof.  From the picture above, you'd think this was going to be a disaster, but I never lost faith in the Haunted House!


At this point, the hard part was over.  The roof and windows were done, so now we were able to place the front in position and complete the decoration process.  Again, I wasn't much help.  I was too busy looking at the clock as it quickly ticked toward November 1st.


When all was said and done, we had the perfect Halloween Haunted Gingerbread House.  The key is to use a few extra ingredients, like glitter gel pens and icing.  It adds a bit extra to the house and makes yours stand out more than whoever else happens to make and post these on the Internet.  I'm really happy with how this came out and that's a good thing because I've been waiting to post it for well over a month now.  Finally, it is complete and I can rest happy as we enter November. 

Well, not yet, though.. We still have a few more pictures to share.  See, as we were building our masterpiece, we were also baking Sugar Cookies for decorating as well.  Before I end, I just want to share those with you here.


Here's my Pumpkin.  He's very similar to my Pumpkin Spice Krispie Treat face, but I really can't get much more creative when it comes to pumpkins.


I give myself credit with this one, though.  This was cut out to be a casket, but I turned him into the ghostface killer from Scream.  Sure, it looks like he has brown hair, but you get the idea.  It's the face that matters and, if I say so myself, it came out just right.  I'm proud of the Scream cookie.


Here is the complete Halloween Cookie collection.  These 7 cookies bring our Halloween to an end but I like to think we went out with a bang.  Now, it's time for me to Thank all of my Holidaze readers and eat some cookies!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...