Friday, November 22, 2013

Cranberry Sprite


Believe it or not, Thanksgiving Day is less than a week away and, if you haven't heard about it yet, there's a new soft drink on shelves that may or may not be perfect for your dinner table!


Cranberry Sprite!!

When I first heard about this brand new soda, I was excited.  I'm a big fan of Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash and it's become a holiday tradition.  Even when I've happened to find it during the Summer months, it just didn't have the same appeal.  It's seasonal and sparks an emotion so, with Cranberry Sprite, I was expecting the same feeling.


I'm disappointed that Cranberry Sprite isn't red, but I respect the fact that they decided to distance themselves from Cranberry Splash and be different.  This is completely new and, with any new product, you want it to stand alone and make a name for itself.  But the only way Cranberry Sprite could truly do that is with its flavor.  It had to blow Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash out of the bog in order to take the crown.  If it did that, the clear soda would get a pass on color and become the new champion.

 The results of the taste test?


Ehhhhhh...

It's... Okay, but just okay.  There's nothing spectacular about Cranberry Sprite, but it does have a distinct flavor that you may enjoy.  It certainly separates itself from Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash, but I don't know if that's necessarily a good thing.  It's bitter, even reminds me of wine a bit, but doesn't do much for me.  That's not to say it's bad, because you might like it a lot, but I won't be buying another bottle.  I may pick up a few cans, mostly because they're a solid red and look cool for Christmas, but that's about it.  Maybe I'll bring them over to the family on Thanksgiving and see what they think about Cranberry Sprite.

If you've tried it, or plan on doing so, let me know what you think.  This is one of those borderline products for me and I could see opinions easily going either way so I'm curious!

4 comments:

  1. Big fan of Sprite here, although I haven't had any brand of cranberry-Lemon Lime soda pop. Thinking I will try out the Sierra Mist kind if I see it. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure! I'm a big fan of Sprite as well, which is why I had high hopes for this one, but it comes in 2nd to Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash. That's not a bad thing, but I think you'll enjoy the Sierra Mist. Either way, they're both worth a shot. Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would this be good mixed with vodka? Hah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha absolutely, actually! Because it reminds me of alcohol already, it would prob mix better than Sierra Mist

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...