Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Candy Cane Oreo Cookies


This is a perfect example of how I've failed to update The Holidaze during the Christmas months.  Last year, I found Candy Cane Oreo Cookies and planned on writing all about them for you and I to share.  Of course, I took pictures, uploaded them to my laptop, and there they sat through 2012.  But not this year!!  No, in 2013, I'm making sure that these cookies are talked about so by New Year's Eve, if nothing else gets posted, I can at least look back and feel like I made improvements to the site :)


When I saw these last year, I thought they were the typical "Winter" Oreo Cookies.  Those are fun, and I've discussed them in the past, but just like the Halloween variety, they're basically your typical Oreos with the creme dyed red.  But after further inspection and actually reading the bag, Candy Cane Oreos stood out as something I had to try.  Between the awesome bag, graphics, and "Crunchy Sprinkles," it was a no brainer.  This limited-edition was coming home - two years in a row!


As soon as you open the bag, you get smacked in the face with the scent of peppermint.  When it comes to Christmas, that's something you need to get accustomed to.  For October and November, it's all about Pumpkin and Caramel Apple, but December belongs to Peppermint and Gingerbread.  Throughout the next month and a half, just about everything is going to taste like one of those two flavors, but I'm cool with that because they're seasonal tastes and remind me of Christmas.  That's the point and it meets its purpose.  So between the smell and visions of red and white creme, it's perfect for Santa's arrival!


When you twist the cookies and separate them to look at the creme, it doesn't look all that pretty.  But if you look closely, you can see the crunchy sprinkles spread throughout the mix and that's the biggest selling point for me.  I may be wrong, but I don't think they've ever added sprinkles or anything crunchy into the creme.  Is this big news, even if it's coming to The Holidaze a year after these Oreos debuted?  Let's just pretend and say this is important - that's what I do with all my posts ;)


I've gone through this entire post acting as if I haven't tried these Oreos a year ago, but the truth is I couldn't wait to find these again in 2013.  These are absolutely delicious and are some of my favorite cookies of all time!  I'm not even the biggest peppermint fan in the world, but something about this combination works so well that it makes for the perfect Christmas treat.  The crunchy sprinkles, which are really chopped up Candy Cane pieces, are what really push this over the edge.  This year, Santa isn't getting Nestle Tollhouse or Pillsbury, he's getting Candy Cane Oreo Cookies.  Hopefully he loves them so much that he leaves me an extra present under the tree.  Maybe Gingerbread Oreo cookies?  Ah, that's asking too much..

6 comments:

  1. Saw these at Target, but passed 'em up. Mistake! Will grab some next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't seem to get my hands on these or the Gingerbread kind

    ReplyDelete
  3. they make Gingerbread ones (flavored, not just color), And they're delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah I know, I just haven't been able to find them. I looked everywhere last year, but this year I WILL pick them up.. Even if I have to overpay on EBay haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. These have been somewhat easy to find, but the Gingerbread seems impossible. Hopefully this year they'll be more available

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah, CJ.. Ya gotta pick these up next time! Worth it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...