Thursday, August 7, 2014

Pizza Hut - TMNT Cheesy Bites Pizza


Earlier today, we talked about the perfect Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles breakfast - the recreation of a classic - TMNT Cereal : Reborn.  With the new movie being released in certain areas tonight and nationwide tomorrow, it's only right that we dedicate each one of our meals to our four beloved Ninja Turtles.  TMNT Cereal requires some time and creativity, but the Turtles' favorite meal is probably one of yours, too... Pizza!! I can't think of a more appropriate dinner to celebrate the new film and, even better, Pizza Hut has teamed up with Paramount and Nickelodeon to bring us specialized pies to represent each turtle!


When I first saw photos of the sewer's set design, with all those Pizza Hut boxes used as couches, I knew there was a partnership in the works.  For as much as the Turtles love pizza, there was no way Pizza Hut was going to receive that type of product placement without joining forced with The Green Machine.  Unlike the original film, The Ninja Turtles have now ditched Domino's and kicked them to the curb for Pizza Hut.  In my opinion, they made the right move.  Don't get me wrong, I love both companies for what they are, but Pizza Hut will always hold a special place in my heart because I associate it with Halloween.  The only reason I call Domino's is because they deliver to me and my local Pizza Hut doesn't.  If it were the other way around, I can't imagine I'd ever have Domino's again.  But, let's be honest, neither of them really serve Pizza.  They're a brand of their own, much like McDonalds and Burger King don't really serve burgers.  If you want a real slice of New York City pizza, you don't go to a fast food chain.  I'm sure the Turtles are well aware of this, but somebody's gotta pay the lair's rent.


In addition to bringing back Cheesy Bites to celebrate the 2014 film, Pizza Hut has created four different pies with four different recipes to match the personality and attitude of each character.

Michelangelo's Favorite pizza comes with the following toppings: Pepperoni, Ham, Pineapples, and Jalapenos.  Personally, I think Mikey would have picked Peanut Butter and Jelly Beans, but I'm sure Pizza Hut had to talk him out of that one.  I would have tried it, but popular demand asks for something more common.

Donatello's Favorite Pizza is topped with Chicken, Mushrooms, Green Peppers, and Tomatoes.  It's a smart choice for those who want to be more health conscious and watch their diet.  Leave it to Donnie to bring you a delicious pizza that watches the pounds and provides a few vitamins.

Leonardo, the leader of the group, tops his with Red Onions, Black Olives, Green Peppers and Mushrooms.  Leo chooses a hearty meal with the necessary nutrients packed in to give him the physical and mental strength to make wise decisions before enacting out his plan of attack.  He may very well be the wise man who said "never pay full price for late pizza."

Finally, Raphael chooses a more carnivorous diet and tops his favorite pizza with Pepperoni, Sausage, Bacon, and Beef.  Of course Raph would choose a protein packed pizza with enough grams to increase his strength and muscle.  This is a manly mean meant for the strongest of warriors.  Leave the thinking to Leonardo, this is for those who work from the neck down and strive to be physically fit.


During our trip to Pizza Hut, my girlfriend and I already knew which pizza's we wanted.  We did our research and both wanted to try something different.  We sat down and I asked the waiter to confirm that he knew what I was talking about.  He had a vague idea.  He said he's pretty sure he has the recipe's in the back and remembers seeing the names "Mikey and Ralph."  Close enough, especially because those were precisely the ones we wanted him to bring out.  I wanted to try the Raphael pie and Eileen wanted to try the Michelangelo variety.  So he offered to do half and half.  Good thinking, waiter..


I was already a fan of Cheesy Bites pizza and hated to see them go, but it makes their limited-time-only return even that much sweeter.  These TMNT toppings are incredible and add so much flavor to the Cheesy Bites pizza.  I'm not a big fan of Jalapenos so I have to put my favorite Turtle second to Raphael because his meaty recipe is off the hook.  I loved it and when I head out to catch an early screening of the movie tonight, you can bet your shell that we'll be stopping at Pizza Hut for dinner before-hand.  It's a must!  For as much as I'd like to try all 4 Turtle flavors, I think I'm going to stick with Raph's because it's just that good.  If anything, we'll go half and half again because Eileen loved the way those Pineapples and Jalapeno's work together to bring that sweet and spicy ninja kick to your taste buds.  It's a win-win no matter which you choose, you just need to make sure you order a pie before this promotional run is over!


What I didn't know when we first went to Pizza Hut is that there's even a special way of having your pizza cut that pays tribute to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  If you choose to do so, you can have your pie "Katana Cut" into 4 slices, just like the Turtles would.  Man, what an awesome bonus to throw in for fans.  We all know, whenever the Turtles ordered pizza, Leonardo would whip out his Katana and cut the pie for he and his brothers.  1 giant slice each before moving on to the next.  Sure, it means Splinter was left out in the cold, but he claims he'd rather eat sushi, anyway.  Yep, the giant rat doesn't like CHEESE pizza.  Go figure..  Now, I didn't know about the Katana Cut when we first made our trip, but I'll certainly be looking into that tonight.  I'll be wearing a Ninja Turtles shirt, a Ninja Turtles hat, green sneakers, and ordering a Katana Cut Ninja Turtles pizza.  The waiter is either going to think I'm nuts or absolutely awesome.  Eh, half and half.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...