Saturday, September 10, 2011

Caramel Apple Pops


First, let me welcome you to the Holidaze!  Chances are, you've accidentally stumbled across this blog without any real interest in hanging around long enough to check things out.  My guess is that you're either clicking through random blogs or may have misspelled "holidays" in the Google search box.  In that case, I'm hoping you're dumb enough to give The Holidaze a chance and join me in celebrating each season of the year through everything from candy and toys to cereal and vacations. 

You may or may not be familiar with http://www.x-entertainment.com/.  If you are, then you already know what i'm looking to do here with the Holidaze.  If you're not, then you owe it to yourself to give that link a click and dive into his archives.  I came across the site a few years ago and though, "wow, this guy likes everything that I like!  What an awesome idea."  Now, every Halloween and Christmas season, I can't help but to refresh his site for the newest updates.  There is no doubt, X-Entertainment is the place to be for all your nerdy pleasures and I am in no way trying to steal any thunder or attempting to outshine a site that I am such a big fan of.  Nope, XE is surely an inspiration, but I'm just talking about what I like and relating it to the seasons that make me happy.

So, let's get into the nitty gritty..


While shopping at Walgreens with my girlfriend, we came across this pack of Caramel Apple Pops made by Tootsie.  To be honest, I hadn't had one of these lollipops in years and probably would have passed them up had I been alone. However, my girlfriend loves them because they remind her of Summer at the Jersey Shore.  For that reason alone, they were worth dropping down a mean three dollars, but what good does that do for my new blog?


Well, upon returing home, I opened one of these suckers up and was instantly taken back in time.  These were first produced in 1995 and I would bet the last time I had one was around that time.  They might remind my girlfriend of Summer but, for me, they are nothing but Fall!  Everything about their flavor screams falling leaves, 45 degree weather and hoodies.  I picture myself picking apples in late October with my Sugar Daddy... the candy, of course.

I'm surprised, but I actually liked these things a lot.  I think the sense of Fall brings their rating up higher than the way they taste but, regardless, these are worth picking up if you're looking for something to snack on this Halloween season.  Sure, you can do better and this blog sure as hell can too, but we're only getting started.  Hang with me!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...