Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pepperidge Farm Caramel Apple Cookies

 
Halloween is only 21 days away!  You know what that means?  That means The Holidaze is about to pick up the pace!  Barring any unforeseen work explosions, I'm looking to update The Holidaze as frequently as possible.  I'd like to have at least one up each day, but multiple entries would be even better.  Even if that means posting short blogs that are easily read in 5 minutes.  In all actuality, that's probably what most of you are looking for anyway.  I doubt anybody is reading paragraphs and paragraphs worth of information about old cupcake boxes and ring pops.  But, for those of you who are, that's what they're there for.  For the rest of you, enjoy the pictures!

Today's post is about cookies and they were brought to my attention by my cousin, Meghan.  She's also responsible for finding the Caramel Apple Milky Ways.  I appreciate her support and love the fact that she's scouring through the aisles as much as I do now.  There's no doubt she's in a Holidaze and, hopefully, this site does the same for you.

 Originally, she told me about Caramel Apple Pie and Pumpkin Cheesecake cookies released by Pepperidge Farm.  For as much as I dislike pumpkin, I would have picked that up as well just to review for all of you.  Unfortunately, they were completely sold out of pumpkin.  But the funny thing is, I received a second hand review from the cashier at Wal-Mart.  After quickly glancing at the bag, she thought I had the Pumpkin Cheesecake cookies.  She went on and on about how great they were and how they tasted exactly like Pumpkin Pie.  She said she had become addicted to them and loves them so much.  She talked about how she couldn't get enough of them.  I guess we now know why they're sold out!

Then, as she looked again, she saw that I had the Caramel Apple Pie cookies and the conversation ended.  What was that all about?  Are my Caramel Apple Pie cookies no good?  She just did a full 180.  One second, you'd think she's the spokeswoman for Pepperidge Farm.  The next, she's bagging my items with that "I-hate-bagging-YOUR-items" attitude.  I didn't know what to expect now.  All I knew is that we had just purchased limited edition cookies that could go either way.  


Well, I can't speak for the Wal-Mart cashier, but I can tell you, first hand, that these cookies are awesome.  I call everything I like "awesome," but I haven't branched out in my vocabulary since high school so those types of adjectives are to be expected.  

I'm going to sound really fat right now, but these cookies are chewy and have the perfect amount of caramel and apple pieces.  It's funny, I can't find the apple pieces, but I can taste them.  I guess they blend in with the rest of the cookie.  These taste just like Fall.  It's like they melted down a Yankee Candle and turned it into a cookie.  To best describe this, imagine eating an oatmeal cookie that tastes like caramel apples.  That work?  Nope, I didn't think so either.  So, I'll end here and let Pepperidge Farm explain what you're in store for with these cookies.  From my end, all I can say is, no matter what that cashier said (or didn't say,) I love these Caramel Apple Cookies. 


Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah the Pumpkin Cheese Cake cookies are great but these look so much better, a must find for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Seeing the photos and reading the descriptions of these...just wow! I love caramel apple treats! I've never seen these before, but will def be on the look out (going to be very bad for my waiste line if I do find them lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you love caramel apple treats, you're definitely going to love these. I was surprised to see them so early in 2013, but I'm glad they're back. Don't worry about the waist line, just enjoy haha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...