Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 2014 Movie Figures

Entertainment Earth 

Since I was a child, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle action figures have always lured me in, fascinated me, and given me countless hours of enjoyment.  I'll never forget the Christmas morning when I received the TMNT Party Wagon and Sewer Lair from Santa.  I was about 3-years-old and my Parents, as they always did, placed those two big presents toward the back of the tree to make me think I wasn't the good boy I thought I was all year.  I even said to them "Maybe Santa didn't hear me when I asked him for the sewer."  I watch that home video now and think of how awesome it must have felt for my parents to know they absolutely made my year with those two pieces of plastic.  I call them that because that's what they are, literally, but those pieces of plastic mean so much more to a child.  There are countless memories, stories, and imagination that comes in every package.  What's also attached to the box is a whole lot of love.  Even if we don't realize it until years later, there's so much more to toys than simply an exchange of money for corporate profit.  I've never looked at in that way, even when I thought certain products were too expensive.  There's an amazing feeling of nostalgia and the resurrection of forgotten childhood that comes with every toy.  And for kids now, they're in the process of creating those memories now.  They're developing story lines, making up scenarios, using their imagination, developing their minds, and interacting with those around them.  Little do they know how much thought, from them and their parents or guardians, goes into every aspect of buying and playing with toys.  We've all enjoyed them, we've all experienced them, and I don't think you're ever to old to stop appreciating them.

With the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie coming out on Friday, I welcome you to relive the magic of the late 80s and early 90s by picking up some of the newest TMNT toys.  By clicking the link above, you'll be taken to EntertainmentEarth.com.  Personally, whenever I can't find a product in stores, that's where I go and it's my pleasure promoting them through the affiliate program on The Holidaze.  They're a great company and are always there for support.  At the moment, I currently have 11 items on pre-order and love that they don't charge you until the products arrive.  All I need to do is sit back and wait for them to arrive.  If you're looking for new Ninja Turtle figures, you know where to go!


  I chose to pick up the newest April O'Neil and Shredder figures because April is always harder to find than the others and Shredder looks fantastic!  Personally, I'm not a huge fan of how the 2014 movie Turtles look on film and it translates even worse in figure form, but I know I'm going to buy them anyway simply because they're going to be worth something, personally and financially, down the road.  That's worth buying from EntertainmentEarth.com.  But in the meantime, I have these to hold me over..


Although Leonardo was sold out, I couldn't pass up the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1990 Movie Classics, especially the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Classic Collection Original Movie Michelangelo Action Figure   The original feature film was the first movie I ever saw in theaters.  At 3-years-old, I was completely hooked on the TMNT and my Parents thought it was time to bring me to the theater.  For the Turtles, I would surely sit tight and not cause a fuss.  They were right and, since then, the original film has always been my favorite movie of all time.  Sure, there are some that come close, but when it comes to action, humor, memories, and nostalgia, this one takes the pizza.  So when I heard that these new figures were coming out, there was no doubt in my mind that I'd be picking them up.  Are they worth $20 a piece?  Maybe if they had some more detail, but I think the price is fairly reasonable in this economy.  That's the nature of the toy business, today.  Those who grew up in my generation are marketed to at a higher price because those kids are now adults with jobs who are willing to spend a little bit more money than usual to relive a part of their childhood.  Let's face it, that was a simpler time and this is a recollection of what we lived.  That's why they're sitting at home with me.

To conclude, yes I am part of the EntertainmentEarth.com affiliate program, but I would never support, promote or advertise anything that I didn't think was worth time on The Holidaze.  I've done business with them in the past and I truly believe they're second to none.  So if you want to purchase the brand new TMNT figures, that's the place to do it!



1 comment:

  1. You going to crack those figures open?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...