Saturday, October 11, 2014

Funko Holidaze Pop! - 8-Bit Jason Voorhees


Ever since NECA introduced the first 8-Bit NES Jason Voorhees figure in 2013, the Horror community has been obsessed with the odd colorway in which Jason was presented by Nintendo.  At the time, I can only imagine how pissed off people were to see that Jason was nowhere near his actual likeness in the films.  They somehow went from a white mask with red accents and a dirty blue / green outfit to neon purple and turquoise.  It never made any sense but, in 2014, nostalgia says it doesn't have to.  Today, those crazy colors represent the childhood of millions around the world and owning a figure designed to represent that is a way of celebrating the past.  That's why I love nostalgia and the memories that come with.

Funko has already followed in NECA's footsteps and released a few 8-Bit figures, but we've yet to see him in Pop! form.  So, that's what I'm here for!



If you look around, you'll find plenty of customs for sale online and they're all pretty damn good.  By simply re-painting the actual Jason Pop! figure, you get as close as you probably would if Funko were to do the same.  With my design, I added a few tweaks here and there to separate myself from them.  The marks on his mask are squared to resemble his 8-Bit Sprite and I changed his outfit.

If Funko were to release any of my designed figures, this would most certainly be the one.  I truly believe, one day, we'll all be able to own an official 8-Bit Jason Pop! from Funko

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...