Sunday, June 17, 2012

Creamsicle Oreo Cookies


First off, Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads out there, especially my own.  I'm sure he'll be proud to know I honored him in an entry about cookies.  Especially when he finds out that the cookies got more attention.

Now, One of the most popular of all my posts have been those focused on Oreo Cookies.  Those posts have received the most views since I began The Holidaze and rightfully so.  While, in my opinion, chocolate chip cookies hold the number one spot in the world of cookies, there's no doubt that Oreo Cookies hold their own.  I don't think there is a treat on earth that goes better with milk and that's probably why this classic cookie has stood the test of time.  Plus, who doesn't love twisting off the two sides?  I always play a game in my mind.  If the cream doesn't stay intact one side, and one side only, then I lose.  It's the little things, really..


Lately, Nabisco have been releasing a great variety of limited edition Oreo Cookies and I've been snatching them up as soon as I find them.  So far, I've picked up four bags which will all be covered on The Holidaze over the next few days and weeks.  But to begin, we're kicking off with the limited edition Creamsicle Oreo Cookies.  They're the first ones I found, so they're the first ones I'll discuss.


I'm a big fan of the golden Oreo Cookies and, more times than not, I'll take them over the chocolate variety any day of the week.  That made this edition more exciting.  However, I'm not the biggest Creamsicle fan.  But honestly, that didn't matter because I had to give these a shot.


In the photo above, you can't tell that these cookies are any different than the traditional golden Oreo Cookies.  But, twist them and..


Boom! There we go.  That is what I was looking for.  That half orange, half creme design screams Summer.  It reminds me of the orangeade I used to get down the shore when I was a kid.  If you've ever been to Pt. Pleasant, NJ, then this should immediately bring Kohrs ice cream to mind.  What's better than a swirled cone on the boardwalk in 90 degree heat?  It's perfect.  I know Creamsicle wants you to think of them, but they come in third.  Luckily for them, the flavor is on point and represents them well.  But, like I said, I'm not all that fond of Creamsicles to begin with.  That doesn't mean these cookies are bad by any means.  These are very good and if you're a fan of Creamsicle, then you have no other choice than to pick these up and chomp into Summer.  If you're not a fan, that's okay, too.  We have three more bags to review and, in due time, we will.

By the way, did you notice I didn't manage to keep the cream on one side for all three cookies?  I hate losing, even if it's only in my head and means absolutely nothing.  Oh well, two outta three aint bad ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...