Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Halloween Crunch Cereal


For years, I have looked for Cap'n Crunch's Halloween Crunch cereal.  No matter how hard I looked, Halloween Crunch has always found a way to hide from me.  Until last year, the same could have been said for Christmas Crunch.  See, in 2010, my girlfriend found two boxes of Christmas Crunch at Wal-Mart in Woodbridge, NJ.  What an amazing surprise that was!  I assumed they'd have this year's special editions as well, but when we called, they said they never heard of it.  Obviously their customer service representative isn't a big fan of Halloween.  But I am, so what's a man to do?  Order two boxes on Ebay and wait patiently by the door for them to arrive.


Here it is!  Halloween Crunch is finally mine!  In my opinion, the Halloween Crunch box art is the single greatest piece of Halloween art you can buy.  I'm serious.  Every year, they come up with the coolest designs.  They've dressed the Cap'n as a Mummy, a Werewolf, and now, he's carved into a pumpkin.  They go all out each and every year and prove to every other company out there just how important it is to put the time and effort into their products.  I just love this box.  This is the type of art that makes me love illustration and graphic design.  This is the type of art that makes me want to work in package design.  It's just perfect. This will definitely be saved in a safe place.  Then, one day, it will be framed and hung in my kitchen for Halloween.  It's that awesome.


After I received my two boxes of Halloween Crunch in the mail, my girlfriend found two boxes in the same Wal-Mart that told us they never heard of the most amazing cereal ever made!  So, in a matter of one year, I went from not being able to find one box to now having four boxes in my kitchen.  Believe me, I'm not complaining one bit.  As I type this, I have Halloween Crunch, Count Chocula, Frankenberry and Boo Berry all waiting to be devoured in the next 12 days.  You know I'll make it happen!

Why do I love this cereal so much?  Well, besides the box art, it isn't all that different from your everyday Cap'n Crunch Berries cereal.  You're still going to get amazing flavor and, of course, the roof of your mouth torn up.  But in addition, you're going to get something that is very Halloweeny:  The milk is going to turn green!!  This is the coolest part!  The ghost berries work like magic and turn milk green whenever they're drowned in dairy.  Just like Boo Berry turns milk blue, and Frankenberry turns milk pink, Halloween Crunch adds a little color to Halloween.  But, in my opinion, the Cap'n takes first prize because he turns things green!  Green baby!!


If you're as impatient as I am and are constantly looking for immediate gratification, then you need to start mixing your Halloween Crunch as soon as the milk is poured into the bowl.  Sure, you can go about things slowly and wait for things to change color on their own, but I'm not.  I've waited at least 4 years to find this cereal and I want my green milk.


Ahhh yess!!  Look at the green milk!  That is Halloween!  That's just so awesome.  Not only are you getting quality flavor, but you're getting a bowl of green milk.  If you're creative, you can pretend that it's not really milk and actually some type of poison.  You can pretend that a witch has casted a spell and turned your Halloween Crunch into an evil love potion.  You can even pretend that you're not really a nerd and completely unphazed by the fact that you're milk just turned green.  I'd like to go with the latter, but we all know I'm pretending that this green milk is actually zombie throw-up.  It really doesn't matter what you imagine, as long as you know just how awesome it is that you're having Halloween Crunch cereal.


Here's another view to give you a better perspective.  If you were expecting a really bright green, then you'd probably be disappointed to see that there is only a slight change in appearance.  In my opinion, this is the perfect amount of change.  This green looks cold and ghostly.  It reminds me of a cemetery.  It's eerie and better than I expected.  I wouldn't want it to be neon green.  That would remind me too much of Nickelodeon slime or The Ghostbusters.  No way, I was looking for something to stand alone and Halloween Crunch cereal most certainly does just that.  If you haven't been able to find this yet, or just haven't picked it up, then you need to do whatever you can to do so now!  You have 11 days left!  Go Green this Halloween!

If the cereal alone doesn't get your motor running, then maybe the back of the box will interest the Pumpkin Carver inside of you.


The Cap'n wants you to bring him to life this Halloween by carving his face into a pumpkin!  Now you can make your very own Cap-O-Lantern and re-create the amazing box art in real-life!  I'm thinking about doing this.  We have one pumpkin right now but he's just so perfectly round that we've yet to tarnish his appearance with holes.  We want to make sure that our baby pump is done just right so we're not really sure what to do yet.  However, the back of this box is quite interesting and I feel like I owe it to the front of the box to carve the Cap'n.

For anybody who reads this and wants to do the same, here's an image that may make things easier for you.  Not everybody can find this limited edition Halloween Crunch, but they should still be allowed to take part in the pumpkin carving process.  So here's the Cap'n in black and white.  Save it, print it, carve it, light it.


Now, even though the roof of my mouth is destroyed, I'm going to go make a bowl of Halloween Crunch!!

2 comments:

  1. I just picked up a box of these last week for 2012's Halloween season, and you'll be disappointed to find out the box is exactly the same as 2011. (Unless my local WalMart is stocking boxes from last year's left over inventory).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I also picked up a box of this year's Halloween Crunch and I was very disappointed to see that they didn't update the art. That's my favorite part of the edition. But, I'll still be covering it this year, I'll just be doing something a little different to change it up. Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...