Thursday, October 6, 2011

Hostess Orange Cupcakes


Every year, Hostess comes out with some type of Halloween-themed treat.  I remember being a kid and absolutely loving their package art and green/orange cupcakes.  Honestly, I've never liked their cupcakes, and only buy them around the Halloween season because they enhance the Holidaze, but the time they put into their products is worth it anyway.


Check out this year's Halloween edition!  Yeah, I know, it's the same as last year.. but hey, the Holidaze didn't exist a year ago so, as far as I'm concerned, this is brand new baby.  I like the box a lot.  I love that menacing pumpkin who's just daring you to take a bite out of one of his Orange Cupcakes.  Of course, you'd have to get past the hovering bats first.  If you ever want to reach that "Scream" filling, you're going to have to go through a little bit of terror.  Well, that's what this box tells me, anyway..


The cupcakes are cool.  I like that Hostess attempted to make them orange, but they really look yellow.  I guess we could call them gold, but it doesn't matter. I know what they were going for and it blends nicely with the Halloween theme and color scheme so I'm happy with it. 


I didn't take this bite, Dr. Acula did.  Ya turn your back for one second and a wanna-be vampire sneaks up behind you and steals your Orange Cupcake.  Seriously, these cupcakes are what you'd expect to find in a Hostess box and that's a good thing if you like their cupcakes.  Like I said, I don't and I'm probably in the minority.  That's fine with me as long as they keep releasing holiday edition treats.  However, I'm a bit disappointed in their overall effort.  How do you not update your package art?  I didn't have this blog last year, so this was an easy purchase, but if they were to re-release this edition again next year, you can consider it a missed opportunity.

Just take a look at what they did in 2004..  Bring back the old graphic designers, Hostess.  This was when you went all out and really put me in a daze!!


That's the Hostess I remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...