Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Halloween Macaroni and Cheese


From an early age, I can remember Kraft releasing their Macaroni and Cheese in the shape of popular cartoon characters.  For some reason, Scooby-Doo is always the first to come to mind, but they've released everything from Spongebob and Spiderman to The Rugrats and Toy Story.  In my opinion, the shapes make for a better meal than those boring macaroni pieces.  Who wants that when you can have Buzz Lightyear?  Not me, man.  I'll take the shapes any day of the week and, now, Kraft have made things even better with Halloween Shapes!


I'm actually not sure when Halloween Shapes first debuted, but something tells me it was years ago.  I kinda feel like I've had these shapes when I was a kid, or at least since the year 2000, but I might be making that up.  I know, for a fact, that this exact box was out last year, but I was unable to find it anywhere.  Usually, I only ever find Spongebob and Scooby in an aisle filled with the original.  But this box was found in Target, far away from their Halloween section.  In major department stores, you have to scour every aisle for Halloween treasure.  That's what this nerd does!


You probably can't tell from my bowl of Halloween Shapes just what those shapes actually are, but we have three to devour:  The ghost, the pumpkin and the bat.  My favorite is the pumpkin because he's the biggest.  He's really just a perfectly round circle, but what circle isn't?  That was just a dumb statement..

The shapes are what makes this a must-buy.  The box art is okay, but it isn't anything to go crazy over.  They added a pumpkin to the box.. okay, so?  That isn't enough for me to buy it, so luckily they made it up to me with these spooky shapes.  But, if they really wanted to step up their game, they should take my advice and update the box.  I know they have the ability because I've seen what they've done in the past.  It doesn't take much to throw a cartoon character on a box, but I'm not even looking for them to go that far.  Just change the color, like this, and you'll make another buck in 2012..


I did that in, literally, 45 seconds.  It's not even perfect and I'd still buy that over the blue box.  Everything just pops and represents the season so much better.  Next Halloween, I want that little black boy back on my TV singing a new tune to his Mom.  "Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, The Black Box, Please?"

3 comments:

  1. Any chance you have a box of these you'd be willing to part with? As strange as it may sound I've been trying to hunt of box of these down like a kid in search of the houses handing out $1 bills on Halloween. Unfortunately, I'm turning up empty handed everywhere I go. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lauren,
    Unfortunately, I don't have any boxes left. I checked my local Target, and they also have none left in stock. I'm guessing they'll be sold out until next year, but I'll ask around. However, I'd love to help you out next Halloween. I know it's a year from now, but if you're still in search of this Macaroni and Cheese then, let me know and I'll mail one, or more, your way.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...