Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Cereal Cupcakes


If you've been reading the blog, then I don't have to reiterate how important cereal is to the season, but I will.  This year, we've had Count Chocula, Frankenberry, Boo Berry and, finally, Halloween Crunch.  They each serve their own purpose with their individual flavors, but they all provide happiness.  You'd think that there are only so many things you can do with cereal, but I'm always looking for new ways to have them enhance the Holidaze.  So, what's better than Rice Krispies Treats?  Halloween Cereal Cupcakes!!

These are super easy to make.  All you need to do is know how to make cupcakes, pick up some white icing and color it with food coloring.  I'll be honest, my girlfriend did most of the work because I probably couldn't bake half as well, but since this is my blog, I'm going to take credit for it.  Check 'em out!


First, we started with Boo Berry.  Like I said, really easy.  Just dye some white icing blue and add a few pieces of Boo Berry cereal.  Simple, yet effective!  Now, it's time to add Frankenberry into the mix.


Ah, look at that pink icing.  I can't describe the feeling I get when I see icing start to change colors.  It just looks so cool.  I know, I sound really fat right now, but just look at my Macho Man picture, I'm far from it so I can talk about pink icing and cupcakes all I want.  Don't judge.


To round out our Big Three, we have included Count Chocula!  Good ol' Chocky was the easiest to make because we didn't have to change the color of anything, we just bought chocolate icing.  If you really want to go all out, then you can make it lighter to resemble the color of The Count's skin.  I thought about it, but really don't mind the darker chocolate.  Together, with the other two, it's just perfect and they taste great with the cereal itself.

Oh, don't think we forgot about the Cap'n and his Halloween Crunch!


These are my favorite!  We made the icing green to resemble the green milk that comes with a bowl of Halloween Crunch.  Since green is my favorite color anyway, I knew these would look amazing.  They do, and they taste even better.  When you combine cereal, cake, and icing, you're going to get more than you expected.  It's like having a bowl of cereal without the milk.  You just have to make these.  When you do, then you can tell me they're not perfect.  But you won't because you'll love 'em!

Here's a few more pics for your to slobber over this Halloween :)




Only a few hours of Halloween 2011 left!! Ahh, I can't believe it's already coming to an end.  Good thing I don't consider it November 'til the Sun comes up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...