Friday, November 11, 2011

Santa Claus is Comin' to Town Candy


Well, here we go, guys!  As far as I'm concerned, Halloween is long gone and it's now time to dive head first into the Christmas season.  To be honest, I've never celebrated this early before.  Usually, I don't begin any of my traditional festivities until after Thanksgiving.  However, between The Holidaze and my excitement, I just couldn't wait to kick things off.  I've already looked for things to write about, food to make, and presents to buy.  I'm already pumped to hit up NYC to see the Rockefeller Christmas Tree and possibly catch a Christmas Spectacular showing at Radio City Music Hall.  I'm really not sure what's in store just yet, but I know I'll do my best to make this one of the most memorable Christmas seasons I've seen in a long time.

Now, since we haven't even reached mid-November yet, we're going to start off slowly.  To do so, let me introduce you to Butterfinger and Nestle Crunch variations of Santa Claus is Comin' to Town chocolate candy bars!  Jeez, that's a mouthful..


These are nothing new to me, but they may be to you.  I'm sure you're all familiar with the classic Santa Claus is Comin' to Town claymation but, if you're not, then you need to look below and check the ABC Family schedule to find out the earliest airing this year.  It's legendary and, for that reason, it's no wonder why Nestle releases these candy bars every year.  What's better?  They've updated last year's wrapper and logo.  It's perfect for the season and is always one of the first releases I find at Walgreens every year.  Whenever I do, I know the merry season is drawing near.


The actual candy sphere hasn't been updated in years, but it really doesn't need to be.  It features Santa Claus, snowflakes, and the original logo.  Other than that logo, which is much more classic than the new one, there's nothing that needs to be changed.  In addition, the Butterfinger sphere is so much better than the bar, or even the pumpkin we discussed in September.  Whenever you lay a finger on a Butterfinger, you're almost guaranteed to get pieces stuck in your teeth.  But not with this Butterfinger!  This is reminds me so much of the Dairy Queen Butterfinger Blizzard.  It's so good, that I actually ate this candy three days ago, well before I even meant to.  I had to take the pictures earlier than anticipated simply because the craving struck.  They're that good, guys!


The Nestle Crunch version is almost identical, except for the fact that the wrapper is blue rather than orange.  Actually, I don't know if you would consider the Butterfinger wrapper orange or yellow.  I think, if I had a box of Crayola Crayons, I'd probably use Macaroni and Cheese to fill in any Butterfinger coloring book pages.  But how stupid would I have sounded if I said "blue rather than macaroni and cheese?"  Oh, that's right, about as stupid as I was to even think about a Butterfinger coloring book.  Moving on..

I actually like the Nestle Crunch wrapper better because it reminds me of a snowy night in the North Pole.  It better depicts what it would be like on Christmas Eve as Santa was gearing up for his night around the world.  However, when it comes to taste, I'm sticking with the Butterfinger.


Really nothing to say about the chocolate sphere that comes with the Nestle Crunch wrapper, because it's the same design.  Part of me wishes they changed things up, but I appreciate the package art much more than the candy itself, anyway.  However, if I really wanted to be a stickler, I'd love to see different characters introduced next year.  Let's get the Winter Warlock on one of these spheres in 2012!  How awesome would he look engraved in chocolate?


If you see these, and you probably will, buy them.  At my local Walgreens, they were 53 cents.  In this economy, that's what I call a bargain.  For a regular Butterfinger and Nestle Crunch?  Meh.. But for a Santa Claus is Comin' to Town themed Butterfinger and Nestle Crunch?  You know it!  I've already eaten each of these, but I'll probably pick up a few more before the week ends.  I suggest you do, too.

Now, before I end, let's quickly go back to the colors of each wrapper.  We have blue, and we have orange.  When I think of the Rankin-Bass classics, those two colors remind me of two characters...The Miser Brothers!  While Santa will always be the main man when it comes to Christmas, I'd love to see the Heat Miser and Snow Miser get their time to shine.  So, if anybody from Nestle ever reads this, you need to throw them on the wrappers next year.  With blue and macaroni and cheese wrappers, it only makes sense ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...