Monday, October 13, 2014

Funko Holidaze Pop! - Carrie


Today's Holidaze Pop! figure is inspired by a film that I don't necessarily care for in terms of story, but have always loved for it's imagery and the idea of revenge.  In my opinion, the recently released Carrie far surpassed Stephen King's original, but I admit I'm probably in the minority.  Truth is, I never liked horror movies that feature supernatural abilities like being able to move things telepathically.  I can accept Michael Myers being immortal and Jason Voorhees constantly coming back to life, but the plot behind Carrie simply loses my interest.  However, I do think that the scene in which pig's blood is dropped on Carrie's head is one of the most iconic in Horror history and deserves to be released in Pop! form.  Here's my crack at it!



In addition to the Pop! itself, I'm digging the box art even more!  Not to toot my own horn, but I think this is something Funko would and should release.  It would probably be a hell of a lot better than what I have to offer, but I'd take it nonetheless.  The Horror genre deserves to be immortalized in as many ways, and through as many characters, as possible!

Now I'm going to tweet this to Chloe Grace Moretz and hope she RT's it.  She'd make it a hit, girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...