Thursday, October 9, 2014

Funko Holidaze Pop! - Yummy Mummy


Today, we're saying goodbye to the "Scream" collection and moving on to new characters from the world of horror and pop-culture.  I know some of you are wondering where all my posts about candy and cake have gone, but they're not forgotten.  I have plenty of junk food to talk about over the next 22 days and I'm sure we'll all have a blast celebrating the latter part of the season.  I look at The Holidaze Pop! designs as a bonus, this year.  In addition to what we're all used to, know, and love, these works of art pay homage to the world of Funko and so many characters whom will most likely never see the light of day.

When I first started collecting Funko Pop! figures, three of my most-wanted were, without a doubt, the Monster Cereals Trio.  I couldn't believe that they even made Frankenberry, Count Chocula and Boo Berry!  I figured they were so obscure that they'd never be touched, but Funko has done a great deal with them and I couldn't be happier to see them get their due respect.  But... what about our other two Monsters?  What about the legends?  What about Yummy Mummy and Frute Brute?  That's where I come in!


The Yummy Mummy Holidaze Pop! features a different design because he's actually the first I ever created.  A few months ago, I decided to play around with illustrator to see what I could come up with and this is what I envisioned.  If you follow me on Instagram, you've already seen and hopefully liked this piece of artwork.  You may even own The Yummy Mummy Holidaze t-shirt!  But if this is the first you're seeing the Yummy Mummy Pop!, then I hope you enjoy the design!


The return of Yummy Mummy in 2013 was probably the highlight of last year's Halloween.  There have been a few products released here and there, but nothing would compare to a Funko Pop! figure to join the treacherous General Mills trio!  When I originally posted the image above, a Funko designer by the name of Reis O'Brien reached out and informed me that the odds of seeing Yummy Mummy and Frute Brute on shelves are unlikely.  Unfortunately, the first set of three did not sell well enough to justify their release.  It seems as though these Holidaze designs will be as close as we're gonna get.

Tomorrow, I bring you Frute Brute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...